Character Designs for 'Precious Pet'

 

Hamster Turn-Around

Here's my final look for the hamster. Actually, it was sort of a first and final attempt at it. Before drawing the character, I already had a clear image of how I wanted him to look and fortunately, it was still able to keep to a similar style that my group wanted.

I wanted the hamster to have a calm expression for the turn-around, primarily because at that point I was trying to only capture its appearance and not its poses.





Male Protagonist Turn-around

When designing John, I knew that I wanted to keep him simple. Other than being brutally eaten alive, John doesn't have much of a role. After all, within the 90 seconds the main character of the production is going to be the hamster and so most of the attention will be on him.

I have to admit though, one of the other reasons I wanted him to look simple is down to the fact that a lot of bad things will be happening to him, therefore it will be easier to animate him being tortured without us having to worry about the extra details he might have had on his face or clothes.

Comments